Saturday, February 15, 2014

HW Due 02/21

Submit a zipped file containing a folder named ReclassMe. The folder when extracted should contain the following files:
  1. A saved ArcMap project file (.MXD extension)
  2. A toolbox
  3. Three scripts
Here is what I want to happen. I will unzip the directory directly to the C:/ directory. If done properly, this should create the following directory: C:/ReclassMe. In this folder I expect to find an .MXD file. I will launch this file and the ArcMap document that opens should have a toolbar with three buttons, as we completed in class on Valentine's Day.
Button/Script 1 and Button/Script 2 should serve no problems as we completed them in class and I uploaded the working examples to the assignment page.
Button/Script 3 should have the following functions working:
  • def CSV2Shape(CSVFile)
    • This function should complete the following operations:
      • Remove spaces from the .CSV file that I downloaded from ReferenceUSA. (Completed in the script provided)
      • Create a point shapefile from the fixed .CSV (Completed in the script provided)
      • (New Coding) Convert the point shapefile's coordinate system from NAD83 to NAD_1983_StatePlane_Texas_North_Central_FIPS_4202_Feet (same system as the 5x5 grid).
        • This is a necessary step as the spatial join may fail if the 5x5 grid file and the point shapefile are in different projection systems.
      • (New Coding) Add code to delete all output shapefiles if they previously exist for repeatability
  • def ReadSettings(SettingsFile)
    • (New Coding) Complete this function entirely so that it properly returns the two variables (FlowerDirection, NumClasses)
The bottom of your Script3, after completing the above steps, should have the first two functions operational and the last two commented out, as follows:
# Tasks
## Call Functions on Initiate
if __name__ == '__main__':
    CSV2Shape(CSVFile)
    FlowerDirection, NumClasses = readsettings(SettingsFile)
    # CalculateIntervals(spjoin, "Join_Count", NumClasses)
    # reclassify(spjoin)
Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment